Even more accurate
- 15% more out-of-the-box accuracy than Dragon 12—means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever.
- Learn from Sent Email tool now works with Web-based email such as Gmail™ and Yahoo! Mail®—you have more potential sources to let Dragon familiarize itself with the words and phrases you might write.
- The new Vocabulary Editor interface makes it easy to search Dragon’s vocabulary, add new words and customize each word’s unique properties.
- The Vocabulary Editor lets you search on not only the written forms but also the spoken forms.
- Smart Format Rules enhancements offer even more hints for alternative word written forms—now Dragon 13 adapts even better upon detecting your format corrections—abbreviations, numbers and more—so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
Faster than ever
- Faster processors yield faster performance: Dragon 13 continues to enhance its ability to choose models and parameters depending on your computer’s resources to deliver the fastest performance.
Easier than ever to setup
The entire profile creation process is now shorter than Dragon 12 due to the improved out-of-the box accuracy in Dragon 13:
- For the first profile, it simply assigns the profile name rather than asking you to enter a name you can always rename the profile later.
- Reading four minutes of text is no longer necessary—Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box. You can also go back later to read text to further train Dragon if necessary.
- Dragon 13 no longer asks you to adapt its vocabulary based on documents and emails during profile creation. If you wish to launch the analysis later, you have that option.
Simplified audio setup
- Dragon 13 automatically detects the best audio devices available you simply select one of the recommended devices that you wish to use.
- The microphone check takes a few seconds with just one screen of easy-to-read text.
Easier than ever to use
A completely redesigned and enhanced user interface makes Dragon 13 more intuitive and easier than ever to use:
- DragonBar: The new DragonBar provides clearly indicated controls and automatically collapses when you’re not using it, taking up less real estate on your screen. You can use the DragonBar menu to customize its behavior. If you’re an existing Dragon user and you’re more comfortable using the classic DragonBar, you can easily switch back to it.
- Learning Center (formerly called the Dragon Sidebar): The Learning Center has been redesigned and enhanced. The top panel, open by default, contains essential commands and advice which automatically change as you switch context to different applications.
- Interactive Tutorial enhancements: The Interactive Tutorial has been redesigned and augmented. Its short, progressive simulations now also introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, and important options, as well as basic Web navigation and use of Web-based email. It is automatically presented at the end of the profile creation process.
Use the internal mic
Dragon 13 now supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following when using your internal mic:
- Keep your consistent distance from the computer’s mic.
- Minimize the ambient noise so it does not pick up stray sounds.
Dragon 13 supports dictation with Full Text Control, as well as enhanced Command and Control, with Internet Explorer®, Chrome™ and Firefox®. In order to use Dragon in these supported browsers, you must enable the Dragon 13 browser add-on.
Dragon 13 has Full Text Control in supported text fields on the Web including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9 or higher, providing an enhanced experience when dictating, editing and formatting.
Dragon 13 also has Command and Control for standard Web controls, links, and buttons, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud®, etc. in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Updated application support
Dragon 13 now supports the following application versions with Full Text Control:
- WordPerfect® X7
- Open Office™ Writer 4.1
Language Versions Available